Monday, April 21, 2008

Surely Goodness and Mercy Shall Dwell with Me...

A familiar passage in the Bible can become so lifeless to us at times.
Sometimes we need to revisit it and let the living word sink in to our hearts. Here is my heart's song. Enjoy
Stacey

Psalm 23

A psalm of David.
1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

What do I need If I have You as my Lord?

2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
Is the grass greener over there? Oh how I long for the quiet places of rest in your presence.
3 he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.
Create in me a clean heart, OH, God, and renew a right spirit within me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation. I need your joy and unimaginable peace today.
4 Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
Through the fire, the rain, the storms, the crying babies, the frayed nerves, and the evil all around, YOU are with me. You set me on the right path and it comforts me when you teach me your ways are not always mine. Light my way, OH Lord.
5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Grace overflows from you. Apart from you I can never forgive them, I can never love them, I can never face them again. In your presence I find enough for me and them. Praise You, Oh Holy One. Here am I, send me!
6 Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.
I am not alone. Praise You that you are like my shadow that is always there, even when I cannot see you. In the light you are revealed to me and I am reminded you are my constant companion. Oh heavenly hosts, can I join you in a song? Thank you Jesus for that nice room you are decorating for me. I long for you my love. Come Lord Jesus, Come.

No comments: